Possible to change photo size on a form?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

hmansion
    Participant

Brendan,

First let me say thanks for the iPad app – I purchased it last night. Had been evaluating different apps for a couple of weeks to store my recipes and decided making my own database would best suit my needs. While the functionality of Tap Forms HD certainly offered what I needed, the *primary* reason I chose your app over Bento and others is because of this forum. I am so impressed by your consistent, helpful and professional presence here and wanted to let you know you’re doing a great job!

First field on my form is a photo field and I can choose from 3 different thumbnail sizes in list view – perfect! Do I have any control over the image size on the actual record itself? Can you explain the display rules of an image (i.e. it’s always shown half size; it’s always full size unless it exceeds XXX x YYY pixels then it’s compressed to XXX x YYY; etc.)?

Just like with thumbnails, I would love to normalize images to a set dimension on the form if possible…

Thanks! – Steve

May 26, 2013 at 10:08 PM #6227

Brendan
    Keymaster

Thanks Steve! That’s so kind of you. I’m happy to help whenever I can.

As for images, they’re scaled to fit 1024 x 1024. This was done primarily due to memory constraints of the older iPhone models when I first built that screen. It was 2008 when I first worked on that screen. It’s possibly time to allow full resolution images now.

There are thumbnails for the list view as you’ve seen with 3 separate sizes, but the preview image that you see on the record details screen is scaled proportionally to fit 320 x 320. And when you tap on the image to view the largest image, that’s 1024 x 1024 (scaled proportionally of course).

Thanks!

Brendan

December 31, 2020 at 3:14 AM #43024

Da Ha
    Participant

It would be great if you could change the image size on the record itself. Like the OP says, it takes up about 1/3 of the screen space and means I have to scroll to see the rest of the record. Why can’t this image be resized? Sounds like a very simple thing to implement.

February 15, 2021 at 2:00 PM #43467

Anthony Davies
    Participant

I sometimes find a section heading is useful for photos, so on iPhone I can toggle the section closed to hide the photos, so less scrolling, but on iPad due to the larger screen I can leave the section heading open to view the photo.Section headings are quick and easy and helpful in managing forms with lots of fields and reduce scrolling on small screen devices.
    Thanks Anthony

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.