PLEASE HELP!! DATABASE CRASHED, CANT GET GOING AGAIN…

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms PLEASE HELP!! DATABASE CRASHED, CANT GET GOING AGAIN…

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Frank Tikket
    Participant

My database will not open, it started when i tried to click a “saved search”… it just crashed (on my mac). I try to open it but it instantly crashes, i ran code defaults delete com.tapforms.mac through the terminal and it starts it… but crashes onces i click the saved search.

How can I erase all settings in tap forms, I backup daily and yesterdays backup does the same thing. I think some code went bad somewhere, id like to just reset all settings. I tried to delete the app and reinstall, then restore … no luck, please help I’m down and my business depends on this.

May 27, 2014 at 8:48 PM #10257

Frank Tikket
    Participant

By the way, i just updated the mac version to 2.2.2 and the very first click on a “saved search” did this… what could it be? what could i try to do to get it going again?

May 28, 2014 at 7:09 AM #10265

Leo
    Participant

Hi there,

Try this first:

If you enter this command into Terminal, this will clear it out and let you start again. You won’t lose any data, but iCloud sync will be disabled after:

In terminal enter this:
    defaults delete com.tapforms.mac

That’s where all of the preferences and things will be stored.
    Database is preservered.

If that doesn’t work try this:
    the other way is to
    first delete tap forms
    Then try to delete all the preferences

It’s located here:

~/Library/Containers
    Then install Tapforms again. Don’t know what it will do with data

good luck.

Leo

May 28, 2014 at 11:16 PM #10291

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Frank,

There may be a problem with the search predicate. If you had deleted a field that was used in a search this might happen.

If you email me your TapForms_db.sqlite file I can search for the troubled saved search and delete it for you.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.