Picture link in CSV file

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Jaguar
    Participant

Hello,

First off, thank you for making such a great app! I am finding it EXTREMELY useful and nothing else out there even comes close, so thanks for taking the time to do this kind of app right!

I have done some reading up and I know you have a huge laundry list of things to attend to and yet want to keep this app as light and streamlined as possible, but is there a quick way that when exporting a CSV file, that every photo name could be a hyper link that opens the picture up?

I am taking between 5-10 pictures per form and about 150 forms per week. It’s next to impossible to find the related pictures to each form. So I was hoping that a function could be added to link to the picture, assuming that the file structure of the .zip is maintained (where all pictures are put in a sub-directory of the CSV file.

Or if you may be working on another option or would have a suggestion that I could try to organize pictures with their respective form once exported, that would be awesome!!’

Thank you very much!
    Mike

July 28, 2013 at 12:24 AM #6317

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Mike,

Since the CSV file is a plain text file, it wouldn’t really support displaying actual hyperlinks that are active in a text editor. It’s possible that Excel or Numbers would interpret them and make them live though. But changing them to be a hyperlink from within Tap Forms would likely cause it to break for other users who are exporting their data to other systems. So that would not be a good thing.

Thanks,

Brendan

July 30, 2013 at 10:22 PM #6331

Jaguar
    Participant

Wow! Thanks for the quick reply. Ah, darn. Makes sense though.

I’m using Tapforms for my business, any chance you would be willing to customize the icon/name for a fee?

I’m in Calgary as well if you’d like to meet to discuss.

Thank you
    Mike

July 31, 2013 at 7:42 AM #6340

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Mike,

I can’t change the icon/name though because it would need to be that way on the App Store too and that would confuse a lot of people.

But I’m happy to meet up with you at any point to discuss Tap Forms. I’m currently in Ireland though on vacation. But I get back after August 6th, so anytime after that.

Thanks,

Brendan

July 31, 2013 at 7:47 AM #6342

Jaguar
    Participant

Hello Brendan,

Thanks again do the quick reply. I hope you enjoy your trip and would definitely like to meet up with you when you are back home and settled.

Thanks!
    Mike

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.