Photos Library missmatch

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Makoto Miyamoto
    Participant

I’m trying to add a photo to an entry.
    But the pic I want to use is not available in the dialogue.
    There seem to be ~10% of pics missing (all pictures in the photos app shows 12.151, in Tap Forms I can only choose from 10.965 pics.
    The sorting of the collections is also off compared to the sorting in the photos app.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    February 17, 2019 at 1:42 PM #33780

Brendan
    Keymaster

Do you have any videos in your All Photos library? Tap Forms ignores videos. And I’m not sure about Live Photos or HDR photos. I use a third-party library to provide the list of photos to select from.

February 19, 2019 at 12:27 PM #33807

Makoto Miyamoto
    Participant

Found out what was happened!
    The sorting between tap forums display and the display in the Photos App is different!
    It seems that the Photo App is sorting the Save date;
    Whereas Tap Form is sorting the Creation Date.

The photos I was searching where Downlosded from the web and have a Creation date several months back, in the photos App those are displayed at the beginning of the stream; whereas I. Tap Forms they appear several pages down.

Can you introduce an option to sort like the photos app, and not the Creation date?

February 19, 2019 at 1:55 PM #33809

Brendan
    Keymaster

I have access to modificationDate and creationDate. Yes, it was using creationDate. Not sure if modificationDate will help, but I’ll change it to be that. In most cases I would think the modificationDate would be the same as the creationDate unless you edited the photo.

February 20, 2019 at 3:14 PM #33813

Daniel Leu
    Participant

creationDate makes much more sense to me since I’m interested when the photo was taken and not when it was last modified.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.