Peculiar sync behavior

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Roo
    Participant

I have updated both iPhone and iPad with the latest version and have had some abnormal sync behavior. Normally I add data on the iPad but recently added a few records on the iPhone. The entries were in linked records. When I synced the phone and checked on the Mac and IPad I found the new linked records had been synced but not the new primary ones. I waited a few hours then tried syncing the iPhone again. Again no loading of the new primary records on the iPad even though the date &time were correct. I then tried syncing the iPad. It said it had synced but same result. Next morning nothing had changed so I turned off the sync on the iPad (keeping local copy) and then on again. Finally, the new records appeared.

This means the missing records were on iCloud all the time but were not downloading despite the device saying that it had synced. I wonder is this a problem with iCloud or TF? I also wonder if it is possible for the little sync progress bars to show 100% when the data has fully downloaded or uploaded? I find it confusing that they only temporarily indicate status because even though the date is updated this does not mean that the data has transferred.

April 13, 2013 at 10:11 PM #6133

Brendan
    Keymaster

Those percentage values come from Apple itself. I’m just displaying them so you can see the progress during upload and download. When that happens is purely up to the iCloud sync daemon process running outside of Tap Forms.

I’m wondering if maybe there was a caching issue which caused your parent records not to show up? If that happens again, try force-quitting Tap Forms and re-launching it to see if the records show instead of disabling and re-enabling iCloud sync.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.