PC Version

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

robinsiebler
    Participant

Are there any plans to have a PC version?

January 11, 2013 at 4:39 PM #5838

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Robin,

No, sorry. Not at the moment. I had thought I could convince my brother who is a Windows programmer to take on the job, but he’s too busy. So it probably won’t happen as I am not a Windows developer. It would take over a year probably to port it if I were to do it. So most likely not. Sorry.

Thanks,

Brendan

January 15, 2013 at 11:29 AM #5845

robinsiebler
    Participant

Curse you Mac users any way! :p

I was going to offer to test is, since I am an SQA Engineer, but…it is a moot point now.

January 17, 2013 at 1:30 AM #5850

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Robin,

Ya, I’m sorry about that. In order to get the Mac version working, I was fortunately able to use a lot of the underlying business logic that I had already written for the iPhone and iPad versions. Doing a Windows version would pretty much be a rewrite from scratch. Then keeping feature parity would be very difficult too. As it is, the Mac version took about a year to write, even with sharing code with the iOS versions and they both use the Objective-C programming language. But the paradigms and frameworks are quite different. There is a lot of overlap of course, but it was still a considerable amount of effort to create the Mac version.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.