Password Protection for Individual Forms

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Frank Hermann
    Participant

Hi, I noticed that there is a “Daily Journal” form already set up. Instead of paying $10.00 for a dedicated journaling app, I’d like to use the journal feature in Tap Forms. The thing is, I don’t want my wife or kids to see the records in that particular form. I don’t want to password protect or encrypt the entire Tap Forms app because my entire family will be storing data in it and will need to access it periodically. So, long story short, I’m wondering if there is a way to password protect only individual forms or records within Tap Forms that I don’t want anyone else to see.

May 13, 2014 at 7:00 PM #10130

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Frank,

You don’t need to encrypt the entire database, but you do need to set the encryption key for this to work.

After you’ve set the encryption key, you need to edit a form and then click on the Encrypt Field Value checkbox on the Field Properties for any of the fields in the form you want to protect. You will end up encrypting the values in that one field, but Tap Forms will prompt you for the encryption key whenever you try to access any form that has at least one encrypted field.

Thanks!

Brendan

May 19, 2014 at 8:41 AM #10169

Frank Hermann
    Participant

Thanks, that answers my question.

November 26, 2014 at 2:54 PM #11978

TEIB
    Participant

How do you set the encryption key? Also, how do you set the encryption key once you have clicked encrypt field checkbox?

I can’t find this info anywhere…

Thanks!

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.