Paragraph style button missing in Note field formatting bar – Mac M1

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Paragraph style button missing in Note field formatting bar – Mac M1

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

Laurent
    Participant

Hello Brendan,

I have just migrated from intel MacBook to M1 MacBook Air, running Monterey 12.0.1

In my note fields I miss the paragraph style button on the extreme left of the formatting bar which is there on my Intel MacBook but not on my M1 MacBook.

I would need to get it back for my workflow process.

Any clue ?

Thanks a lot,
    Nice day to you,
    Laurent

October 28, 2021 at 11:18 PM #45603

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Laurent,

Ya, it is unfortunately gone from the default inspector bar that Apple provides to developers when using the NSTextView control, which the Note field uses. They also removed the List button too for creating bullet lists. I have no idea why they removed these things. But that code to make the formatting bar is not my code. In fact, it’s just a checkbox that I enable in Xcode to turn that on.

Hopefully they bring it back at some point.

October 29, 2021 at 12:25 AM #45605

Sam Moffatt
    Participant

Is there another rich text control that provides similar functionality that could be used? I remember hitting this in Big Sur and once I finally move off my Mojave MBP over to Monterey I think I’m going to miss out on those same controls too :(

October 30, 2021 at 10:39 PM #45611

Brendan
    Keymaster

So I’ve been digging into this some more and I’ve discovered that when I built an example app from scratch and programatically added the NSTextView to the screen, I did manage to get all the controls to show up.

In Tap Forms I just placed an NSTextView object on screen and enabled the use inspector bar property.

I haven’t yet figured out the exact thing that triggers the full toolbar to appear though. I created another new project and just added the NSTextView in graphically and it doesn’t show the entire toolbar.

It’s a mystery, but I’m getting somewhere at least.

October 31, 2021 at 1:39 PM #45615

Brendan
    Keymaster

Ok, the next update will have the full font toolbar back again. I had to re-create the NSTextView programatically to get it all to work.

October 31, 2021 at 2:54 PM #45617

Sam Moffatt
    Participant

Awesome news! Now I can upgrade to Monterey :D

November 12, 2021 at 11:18 AM #45676

Laurent
    Participant

Hello Brendan,

I upgraded to the new version 5.3.22 (Build 997) on my Macbook Air M1.

The formatting bar is back in the note field, thank you !

But it seems I lost the text find function in an open note field…

Any way to get it back ?

Thank you,
    Nice day,
    Laurent

November 13, 2021 at 2:29 PM #45696

Brendan
    Keymaster

Oh crap. In order to get the formatting bar to include everything again, I had to programatically create the NSTextView control and unfortunately, in Xcode it was a simple checkbox to turn on the Find feature, I neglected to enable that function programatically.

I’ll fix that.

Sorry for the trouble.

Brendan

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.