OSX Yosemite & Tapforms – So Far So Good…

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms OSX Yosemite & Tapforms – So Far So Good…

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

grooveagent
    Participant

I haven’t done any major testing yet but so far everything seems to work with Yosemite DP2. I like how the sidebar is instantly transformed to translucent.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    June 18, 2014 at 10:23 PM #10426

Brendan
    Keymaster

That’s cool. I haven’t had a chance to install Yosemite just yet. But I will soon.

I see you’re only using the demo version, but I saw a message on Twitter saying that iCloud data would get deleted at some point during the beta test period. I’m not sure if that’s a rumour or not though, but this is the relevant tweet:

https://twitter.com/markgurman/status/479034392900153345

“iCloud Documents/Data created with OS X Yosemite Developer Preview will be deleted from the servers at some point during the beta period.”

Also, when you access iCloud data, it gets migrated to the new CloudKit system and will no longer be visible to older OS versions. So if you upgrade a Mac to Yosemite for example, you MUST upgrade all your iOS devices to iOS 8 at the same time or you will no longer be able to sync. I’m expecting a lot of support requests at that time :(

Thanks!

Brendan

June 19, 2014 at 9:11 AM #10428

grooveagent
    Participant

Brendan,

Makes sense that the iCloud sync wouldn’t work at this point. That partition is only my Yosemite test partition. I still use Mavericks for all my work.

So far almost all my software works in Yosemite (including unforgiving programs such as Pro Tools etc) but I haven’t done any deep testing because well .. I just don’t use Yosemite for every day work yet.

It’s a good OS, a lot snappier and responsive than Mavericks. Every second OS seems to be the best.

I’m still testing Tapforms as I’m still contemplating the switch from Bento. My only concern is Apple will release an iWork version of Bento, but that’s a very loose theory which has no evidence.

I have a app store credit anyway so I’ll likely upgrade. I’d like to see it go to an independent developer in Alberta (I lived in Calgary previously, now in BC).

Keep up the good work.

June 19, 2014 at 11:01 AM #10429

Brendan
    Keymaster

I’m looking forward to installing Yosemite. But I’m unsure if I can still deploy updates to my app before it goes GM, so I’m a bit hesitant right now. I don’t have a second machine that I can use just for Yosemite. And my drive is too full to partition.

Cool that you lived in Calgary. I have an aunt who lives in BC.

June 19, 2014 at 1:53 PM #10430

grooveagent
    Participant

Fortunately I had a spare drive I installed and ran via USB fortunately.

June 19, 2014 at 8:44 PM #10432

grooveagent
    Participant

Sorry, bad edit. Scratch the last “fortunately” in my last post.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.