"Null" emails when emailing forms since v3.1.2

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms "Null" emails when emailing forms since v3.1.2

Tagged: , , ,

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

smbrown
    Participant

Hi,

Since upgrading to v3.1.2, I’m having a problem where the email contents is null (actually substitutes (Null) for the record contents) when emailing a database record. I use Tap Forms to generate the work orders for my appliance repair business. After entering in all the information, I email it to the customer from within Tap Forms. But since upgrading, whenI go to email the work order, instead of the forum contents, it shows (Null). The only why to correct it is to quit the app, shut it down in the iphone task bar, and then re-open it. Sometimes, I’ll need to re-boot my whole phone to get the app to work right.

Running iPhone 4S with iOS 6.1.3.

Thanks for any help!

Scott

April 9, 2013 at 1:39 PM #6105

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Scott,

I’m very sorry for this problem. I’ve fixed it in version 3.1.3 which I’ve submitted to Apple last night. The problem is, the bug didn’t show up when running the development builds of Tap Forms, but it only showed up after getting to the App Store. So it was difficult to even know it was a problem and to come up with a fix for it. But fortunately I did. It will probably take Apple a week to review it.

Thanks,

Brendan

April 9, 2013 at 3:14 PM #6107

smbrown
    Participant

That’s great news, Brendan, thanks!

BTW, Tap Forms is a fantastic app! I’ve been using it for the past year now to generate the completed appliance repair work order and email it to my customer right there on the spot. Most people love getting the work order as email because 1) there’s no paper and 2) it’s legible! (have you seen some of the hand-written scrawl on the work orders that some trades people write up?) I also have it set up to automatically calculate any discounts or add-on sales for the job. I’ve told many of my fellow appliantologists about it, too. Nice work!

April 12, 2013 at 10:47 AM #6120

Brendan
    Keymaster

That’s great to hear!

Thanks for helping to spread the word.

Brendan

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.