Notes field operating like text field

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Neil Alecock
    Participant

I have created a number of fields using the ‘notes’ format. However, they only operate as ‘text’ fields in my new form.

I have tried changing them to text then back again and restarting but nothing works

Can anyone help?

September 6, 2016 at 10:16 AM #19368

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Neil,

If you’re referring to a custom layout, then you’ll need to delete the layout object and then drag it in again if you change field types.

September 7, 2016 at 1:19 PM #19405

Neil Alecock
    Participant

Brendan

I created the fields from new as note fields. I have tried to delete the objects and fields and start again as suggested but they still act like text fields.

Its a pain because I want access to the WP in notes to create bullet lists.

Be good if there was the option to create lists with check boxes in text and or notes by the way.

Thanks

September 7, 2016 at 1:32 PM #19406

Brendan
    Keymaster

Can you please email me your form template so I can take a look at it? Send it to support@tapforms.com

You can tell if an object on your custom layout works like a Note field or like a Text field because with a Note field you can press the Return key to create a new line in your content. With a Text field, that won’t work (not unless you press control-return). When you press the Return key in a Text field, the entire contents would be selected too, so that’s another way to tell them apart.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.