Note field on call in progress

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Andrea Tuscano
    Participant

Hello,
    I use TF from long time and I love it. I use only on my iphone.

I have a problem : almost all my forms have a note field where I write information that haven’t category. Often happen that i make a phone call and having access to this information. In that case (phone call and same time enter inside a note field) TF crashed.

I have tried to disable microphone access and contact access from iphone setting for TF but nothing changes.

do you have any suggestion to solve the problem?

Best regards
    Andrea

July 30, 2014 at 8:08 PM #10568

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Andrea,

I will look into that. So is it when you make an outgoing call or only when you have an incoming call? Or does it not matter?

Let me understand the steps to reproduce the error:

1. Receive or make a phone call
    2. Launch Tap Forms
    3. Visit any form that has a Note field.
    4. Tap Forms crashes?

Does it crash just by visiting the Note field? Or does it crash after you bring up the keyboard to start typing?

Thanks,

Brendan

July 30, 2014 at 8:12 PM #10569

Brendan
    Keymaster

I did just test it on iOS 8 and it does not crash for me. But that was on making a phone call, not receiving one. Haven’t tried receiving one yet.

It could be the Nuance speech recognition engine interfering. I should probably remove that since most phones and iPads can use Siri for voice recognition now.

July 30, 2014 at 11:44 PM #10570

Andrea Tuscano
    Participant

Hi Brendan,
    thank you for answer. Your 4 points describe perfectly the problem, only when I visit note field. No problem on other type of fields.

It crashed when I open note field without bring up keyboard.

Following your speech, this morning I have disable Siri from iphone settings and in this manner TF never crashed when I make an ingoing or outgoing call and open a note field.

I never use siri and it’s not a problem for me but i hope you find a solution for this problem in the future.

Thank you so much for the support

Best regards
    Andrea

July 31, 2014 at 4:58 AM #10571

Andrea Tuscano
    Participant

Hi Brendan,
    I have made some other tests. The problem seems to occur only the first time I open TF and go into note field. In that case, even if i listen music from my iphone, the sound go off and then return on after one second.

When i made an incoming or outgoing call and go into TF, if i don’t use from sometime, it crash.

Best regards
    Andrea

July 31, 2014 at 3:05 PM #10576

Brendan
    Keymaster

Well it’s probably the Dragon (Nuance) speech dictation thing I have on the Note field. When you visit that screen, Tap Forms initializes the Dragon SpeechKit code. They use the microphone, so they must be doing something to cause this problem.

Perhaps it’s more trouble than it’s worth to have it in there.

Would anyone complain if I took it out? There’s always Siri for voice recognition.

Thanks,

Brendan

July 31, 2014 at 11:56 PM #10580

Andrea Tuscano
    Participant

Hi Brendan,
    obviously would be fine for me but if it solves with iOS8 i’ll wait

best regards
    Andrea

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.