no data sync, sync takes hours, Tap forms mac crashes

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms no data sync, sync takes hours, Tap forms mac crashes

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Mark Dehnert
    Participant

Hello Bradon,

it is disillusioning, the first Sync for my MacBook Pro, iPad and iPhone took 2 nights. I closed TapForms on my Mac normaly and now it trys to sync with iCloud for minutes. The activity tools tells me: TapForms is hanging. In the past, this sync took a few seconds, no minutes an no TapForms crashing.
    I tried to start TapForms without internet-connection, try to disable syncing before it starts, no way.

Do you have an idea therefor?

with kind regards
    Mark

January 13, 2015 at 1:09 PM #12652

Mark Dehnert
    Participant

help this?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    January 13, 2015 at 2:20 PM #12656

Mark Dehnert
    Participant

Hello Brendan,

now TapForm is running again. What is the reason for a so long syncing time?

With kind regards
    Mark

January 13, 2015 at 8:13 PM #12660

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Mark,

It all depends on how much data you have that you’re trying to sync from device to device. The more data you have, the longer it will take to sync. And also how fast your Internet connection is. So there’s lots of factors.

If there’s any data that is ready for Tap Forms to sync when you first launch it, it will start to process the sync files.

Thanks,

Brendan

January 17, 2015 at 12:09 PM #12714

Mark Dehnert
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

since a few days, my devices are no longer syncing. I made some changes on my MacBook and upload the data, but after the Sync on my iPhone and my iPad, i could not see the new entries.
    I look in the list for the last Syncs. I could not see the reason, why i could not get the new data from my book to the other devices.

Can i look somewhere else, to find the reason?

with kind regards.
    Mark

PS:
    The updates performed better, thank.

January 18, 2015 at 2:36 PM #12731

Mark Dehnert
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

rigth now, i’m very unappy,becauce of “NO syncing”.

I stop the syncing on my iPad (just leave the data in the cloud) and start the syncing. After 6 Hours, Tap.Forms is just crashing after starting. very unhappy about this. really.

Mark

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.