New version 5 crashed

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Richard Saunders
    Participant

I’m a new user and waited for the release of version 5.

All went well, I converted all my Bento databases and all installed perfectly – no data loss

However, I created a new database for my credit cards – again all went well
    I exited and re-entered and set a password – Oops – now Tap Forms crashes and I cannot get access to anything!!!

August 4, 2016 at 7:24 AM #17960

Richard Saunders
    Participant

Ok, following a reboot, I tried again but it immediately crashed. I did then manage to get it to load, but when I selected my password created database, it again crashed. I deleted the database and I can now load the program and gain access to everything else.

There appears to be a problem on password protected databases. I’ll try and create one again and see what happens

August 4, 2016 at 7:30 AM #17962

Richard Saunders
    Participant

I created a new database with a single text field.
    I entered the text “Test”
    I password protected it using the phrase “test”

I exited the database then tried to re-enter and was told that the password was invalid?

Deleted database – tried again following the above sequence and, again, was told it was an invalid password

August 5, 2016 at 3:37 AM #18111

Richard Saunders
    Participant

I’ve discovered what causes the crash but not the reasons.

I started from scratch today and got the same problems as yesterday. So I again cleared out everything and restarted, but this time after creating my database, I quit the program completely. On re-entering, I could access the database fully so I password protected it, made sure I could re-enter it and then, again, completely quit the program.

I re-entered the program, I then re-created my second database and, again, completely quit the program. I then re-entered the program, password protected the 2nd database, ensured I could access it fully, and then quit the program entirely.

I can now access, edit etc both of the secured databases. It would seem that my problems arose because I created and password protected two databases without quitting the program. It should not be necessary to do this, but at least it worked until the next update fixes the problem.

Hope this helps someone out there!!

August 5, 2016 at 10:07 AM #18152

Brendan
    Keymaster

This is very helpful information. I hadn’t been able to reproduce this problem but I will be able to now. Thanks for the help.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.