Nesting records into thematic files

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Olivier Ragasol
    Participant

Hello!
    <p class=”p1″>Is it possible to nestle records into subject-related files, such as history, paintings, movies, so as to display those particular files only — that is without those related to other subjects?</p>
    (This would be the equivalent of nesting documents into files in the Finder.)
    <p class=”p1″>At the moment, I add [history], for example, at the end of each record regarding history, which is not very convenient. :)</p>

May 9, 2024 at 1:29 PM #50732

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Olivier,

I would recommend having a specific field in your form to indicate the Subject. Then create one or more Saved Searches that filter your records for each subject. You can also tell Tap Forms to group your records by the Subject field. Use the Group Records By option to set that.

Thanks!

Brendan

May 9, 2024 at 1:44 PM #50733

Olivier Ragasol
    Participant

Thanks so much for your answer, Brendan!

Good idea, I hadn’t thought of a subject field. :)

I wish I had the English version of the software, actually… What is creating a Saved Search? Is it Créer un dossier de recherche (Creating a Research file) under the menu Formulaire (Form)? I can’t seem to find the Group Records By option in my interface. In which menu is it?

May 9, 2024 at 2:17 PM #50735

Brendan
    Keymaster

Are you using the iOS or Mac version?

On iOS, tap on your form and then tap on the filter button. That’s where you create Saved Searches.

On macOS, select your form and then click the filter button just to the left of the main Search field.

From there you can specify search rules, pick fields to search and enter values to search for.

Tap Forms uses your region language settings to determine what to show you. On macOS there’s an app called App Language Chooser that lets you choose which language you’d like to run a particular app in:

https://apps.apple.com/ca/app/app-language-chooser/id451732904?mt=12

May 11, 2024 at 2:01 AM #50736

Olivier Ragasol
    Participant

Hi, Brendan!

I’m using both versions. Actually, I add new records on the Mac version, then sync on iOS: I never work on the iOS version, for fear on not being able to sync back (or breaking something!).

I will now try to save a search and see what happens.

And change TapForms to English, so we speak the same language.

Thanks for all the useful information.

Best regards,

Oliver R.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.