Navigation layout components

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Kirk Williams
    Participant

Greetings again,

Is there a simple way to add navigational controls on a custom layout? I’d like to add some basic buttons to navigate to First, Previous, Next, Last & Create new records.

I’ve tried adding a script for a keyboard shortcut, but TF will not allow me to use key combos that are already assigned. And as a disclaimer – yes, I know there is navigation in the app itself, but the prev/next buttons are relatively small and reside WAY too close to my auto-hide app bar when in full-screen… when adding records in bulk it becomes quite a nuisance.

Thanks in advance!

February 21, 2019 at 1:04 PM #33840

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Kirk,

There are keyboard shortcuts already for all of those navigation functions so you don’t have to press the buttons to do that. Look under the Records menu under the Go To sub-menu.

You can create a button on a custom layout to add a new record and to select the new record. Maybe that would work for you?

February 22, 2019 at 7:14 AM #33847

Kirk Williams
    Participant

Thanks Brendan! I am currently using the shortcuts; with moving data into this particular form from other sources I’m using copy/paste a lot and thought it would just be a bit more ergonomic to have a quick-click shortcut to navigate records. I did add a script button to add a new record – that works well.

Obviously no major big deal. I was just wondering if there was an easy way to script the prev/next functions for this particular case.

Thanks as always!

K

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.