My Tap Forms always not responding

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author

Hope on Wheels
    Participant

My Tap Forms always not responding. and I need to force quit. How to settle the problem? Need help!

May 8, 2015 at 1:30 AM #13610

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Hope,

Is this the iOS version or the Mac version you’re referring to?

Thanks,

Brendan

May 11, 2015 at 1:36 AM #13658

Hope on Wheels
    Participant

Mac Version.

May 11, 2015 at 3:19 PM #13667

Brendan
    Keymaster

Is there anything in particular that is triggering this? Or does it happen right from the moment you launch it?

May 11, 2015 at 7:03 PM #13676

Zuu Koi
    Participant

Same problem, mine start yesterday, it’s open but the windows is transparent with nothing on it from the launch. Tried restart mac, reinstall tapforms, nothing working.

May 12, 2015 at 10:35 AM #13682

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Zuu,

I’ve corrected this bug in the 3.5.1 update. If you’re using Dropbox sync you can download the Mac Trial version from my website. You should be able to activate the license for free if you’ve already purchased from the Mac App Store.

I’ve also sent the update to Apple. But it always takes them a week or two to review and approve my updates.

The issue stems from an empty value inside a Pick List. You’ll need to go through all the values from all the pick lists making sure that none are empty. If so, delete the empty ones.

The 3.5.1 update can handle empty pick list values.

Now, if you can’t even get Tap Forms to launch properly, you’ll need to enter in this command into the Terminal application:

defaults delete com.tapforms.mac

You’ll need to re-enable whichever sync service you had selected before after you do this.

Thanks,

Brendan

May 13, 2015 at 5:25 AM #13695

Zuu Koi
    Participant

I’m using icould sync. Anyway it’s working after I exe the command but then I noticed the problem is not empty pick list.. Sometimes when I change the view using icon on top, it freeze and if I close and reopen it show invisible blank windows, again after enter the command it’s work again. thanks.

May 13, 2015 at 9:48 AM #13700

Brendan
    Keymaster

Yes, this is definitely due to the empty pick list issue. You just haven’t found them all yet :-) Look again.

I’ve submitted the 3.5.1 update to Apple for review, but as you may or may not know, they take about a week or two to review and approve an update.

May 25, 2015 at 6:22 PM #13827

Hope on Wheels
    Participant

it happen right from the moment i launch it. Have to go to Force Quit Application to Force Quit Tap Forms as it is showing (not responding).

May 25, 2015 at 6:28 PM #13828

Hope on Wheels
    Participant

With the new update, the problem solved. Thanks.

May 26, 2015 at 10:04 AM #13834

mrbill
    Participant

FYI- The update is in the Apple Store.

June 16, 2015 at 11:41 PM #14029

Hope on Wheels
    Participant

I’ve already updated my TapForms but it is still always not responding when i launch the program. And it will take at least 4 minutes to launch if it is not ‘not responding’.

It also take a long time to back up and quit the program. If I did not quit the program before i turn off my machine, it will take even longer time to start up or not responding on my next start up.

June 23, 2015 at 12:24 AM #14064

Hope on Wheels
    Participant

after i type “defaults delete com.tapforms.mac” into my terminal, Tap Forms closes very fast. But after I restart my machine, Tap Forms is still working in the background but “not responding” and will start up after few minutes.

June 25, 2015 at 3:52 PM #14092

Brendan
    Keymaster

Make sure that if you enter in that command, Tap Forms is not currently running.

Also try the Vacuum Database command and all the other commands on the Database Maintenance screen to see if that speeds things up for you.

Viewing 12 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.