My Form is loosing data

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Emre Akca
    Participant

I´ve been using TapForms for some time now to keep record of customer orders. Every quarter of the year I create a new form from a copy of the previous quarter and adjust it to my needs by renaming fields and copy/pasting data within the entry fields.
    Unfortunately my newest form is constantly loosing data, complete rows just disappear from the list. And I have no idea, why this is happening with only the newest form, all previous forms are still correct.
    BTW I sync an iPad and an iMac…
    Thanks for any help in advance,
    Emre

April 13, 2023 at 12:27 PM #49334

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Emre,

If you’d like, I can take a look at your document to see if there’s been any database file corruption. You can make a new backup file using the Backup command in the File menu and then email that to me at support@tapforms.com

Does the record disappear if you add it, then quit Tap Forms and then launch it again? That is, is the record gone right away meaning it appears to not having been saved at all? If so, then you may have a problem with that database file.

One other thing you can try is to use the Export Tap Forms Archive command to archive every form in your document. Then make a new document using the New Document command. Then import your .tfarc file into the new document. Then see if you’re still having that issue.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.