my contact first column has disappeared. This has the name of the record

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms my contact first column has disappeared. This has the name of the record

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

Allen Rumbaugh
    Participant

I have Tap forms running on a minimac with duocore, and a macbook pro with a dual core I7. On the mini, the first field (contact name) has disappeared. How do I get it back? I am also trying to print mailing labels.

November 11, 2014 at 1:51 PM #11712

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Allen,

There’s a button at the top-right corner of the multi-column list view that looks like a wrench and a screwdriver crisscrossing. Click on that and you’ll see a Select Fields popover. It’s possible the column was removed.

Does the field still show in the record details view?

Or perhaps you’ve simply removed the contact name field from the label?

Thanks,

Brendan

November 13, 2014 at 6:33 PM #11729

Allen Rumbaugh
    Participant

It was working on my laptop, but now it has synched to the iCloud and the first field is missing on this machine now. I have successfully inserted a new field at the top I named “Company Name” this might be the wrong file name. if I change that name to the default (by the way what is the default?” would that fix my problem so I could regain the names in the file?

November 13, 2014 at 11:39 PM #11736

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Allen,

If you delete a field and then add a new field with the same name, it won’t bring back the data from the deleted field. When you uploaded the change to iCloud, it would tell your other copy of Tap Forms to also delete the field. Unless you have a backup, there’s nothing that can be done at the moment. It sounds like it has been deleted. If you can restore to a backup then you can recover your data.

Thanks,

Brendan

November 14, 2014 at 8:53 AM #11740

Allen Rumbaugh
    Participant

All I have is 265 records with no name and no street address now. I need to keep what I have and add back in a top name and street address field. Is there a video or something to walk me through getting this done?

November 15, 2014 at 4:22 PM #11754

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Allen,

Sure, here’s a video showing you how to add a new field to a form.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/6m148642lhx86rg/2EA8D13E-DEC9-4AF5-863B-07F7718B0983-2545-00001291B1849D4F.gif?dl=0

Thanks!

Brendan

December 2, 2014 at 12:58 PM #12070

Allen Rumbaugh
    Participant

Hi Brendan,
    I recently launched my laptop at home and opened tapforms, to my delight, it was all there and correct, but shortly after that it updated from the cloud to the screwed up file. I assume that if had initiated the synch by hitting the upload button, it would have saved the farm, right? Anyway my file is still screwed up and now I have to continue with another 200 records, (this has to do with my JOB, I MUST SOLVE THIS) I tried to go to the video above, it comes up with a screen that has the locked sigh on it a message that says “you don’t belong here.” Can I just send you the file and get it fixed? It just needs to be in the default contacts form. Please help me.
    Thanks
    Allen Rumbaugh

December 3, 2014 at 7:56 AM #12078

Allen Rumbaugh
    Participant

I got it figured out! Thanks for building a great program!!!!

Allen

December 4, 2014 at 12:33 AM #12090

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Allen,

I’m glad you got it figured out.

Sorry for the link above not working anymore. I thought you had watched it already and I deleted the video I uploaded to Dropbox to save space.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.