Multiple Macs?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Grischa Dallmer
    Participant

Hello,
    I’m thinking about buying TapForms 5. I would need it to have a shared Database with three friends, that we can all work on and where it gets syncronized without conflicts if more than one person edit it at the same time. Is this easily possible and do I need more than one licence if we share just one database?

Thanks in advance,
    Grischa

July 28, 2017 at 10:21 AM #23794

Brendan
    Keymaster

Tap Forms was designed for single user use in mind. Generally a single user doesn’t edit the same data on multiple devices before Tap Forms has a chance to sync. However, I do know that some people are using Tap Forms with multiple users and are syncing their data. However, editing the same record at the same time will cause Tap Forms to just pick the version of the record which was most recently edited, thus causing someone to lose their own edits.

If you need a multi-user database application, I would recommend FileMaker Pro. It also has security options in place which allow you to control who gets to see and edit what data. Tap Forms doesn’t have user controls like that.

Thanks,

Brendan

July 28, 2017 at 6:32 PM #23808

Grischa Dallmer
    Participant

Thanks Brendan for the detailed and informative answer! All the best to you, Grischa

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.