Multi-Column view and linked data

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

djohnston
    Participant

Is there a way for linked information to show in the multi-column view? I’m just wondering if I’m missing something. I want to print a table of records but any info in a link to form field is blank.

April 5, 2014 at 10:57 PM #9652

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi D,

The linked form data will only print when you’re printing a single record at a time.

I haven’t designed a nice way yet to print out linked forms when printing out the main table of records. There’s lots to consider. What if you have more than one linked field? Where should it be printed? The first thing that comes to mind I suppose is kind of like exactly how it prints now, except within a single row. But it would have to be indented so you know the linked records belong to that row. And if there’s more than one linked field then they would have to be printed on top of each other. And what if your linked fields also have linked fields? etc. :-)

Thanks,

Brendan

April 21, 2014 at 7:17 AM #9714

Philip
    Participant

I would also find such a feature greatly useful if it could be designed in a nice way. I’ve been making extensive use of the Link to/from Form options and I miss seeing that information in the table. Great product, though!

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.