Moving Entry to different (identical) Form

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Moving Entry to different (identical) Form

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

bluepythons
    Participant

Hi there,

I just moved from Bento to Tap Forms and am still getting used to it. So far I like what I have learned but still haven’t gotten everything working like it used to in Bento. I have a small business that owns assets or property, mostly tools. I sell and upgrade but due to the nature of the tool I need to keep records for ownership, transfer etc. In Bento I could just switch I think they called them libraries but I haven’t an easy way to move entries from form to form.

So here is what I have set up and maybe there is an easier way that you guys could help me with. I have a category called “Tools” and then in that category I have two identical forms as far as fields go but one is called “Current Inventory” and the other is called “No Longer Own/Sold”.

I enter my data, brand, model, serial number etc along with a file link of invoice and photos which is all great. But then when I sell that item I want it to be moved to the “No Longer Own/Sold” form.

Any ideas???

I like having everything under the one category and being able to quickly have a list of what I currently have and what I no longer have. I have to access the no longer own items sometimes frequently if I have a colleague ask about something I previously had, values, configurations etc.

So how can I move an entry to a different “form” in the same category. I know I can make each tool its own form and then change the category but I’d rather not have a lot of forms when I like having one form with a lot of entries. I hope this makes sense.

Thanks and I look forward to hearing any ideas and help!!!
    Dave

October 5, 2013 at 9:03 PM #6858

bluepythons
    Participant

Sorry I mean “record” instead of entry. I see that “forms” have multiple records. How can I move a “record” from one form to another, ie from current to sold.

October 7, 2013 at 1:52 PM #6866

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Dave,

For this kind of thing using Saved Searches is quite useful. So instead of having two identical forms and moving records between them, you just setup a Saved Search (really just a filter) with one search for current and another for sold. You could then easily switch between them just by clicking on the Saved Search that would appear beneath the main form.

To set that up, type a term into the search field and then click on the + button that appears below it. Then select a field (e.g. status – or whatever field holds the value “current” or “sold”) then choose the comparison (e.g. contains), then enter in the value to filter on. If you have a pick list associated with the status, then it will display the popup there so you can choose the exact value.

Once you’ve set that up, click the Save button and Tap Forms will put the saved search underneath the form on the left side of the window. Now do it again for the other status. Now it’s just a matter of clicking on each saved search to instantly filter the records in your form by that status.

Thanks!

Brendan

October 9, 2013 at 1:39 PM #6889

bluepythons
    Participant

That works ok on the Mac but the saved searches don’t sync to my ipad. Any suggestions? It would be ideal if there was a way to move the data to a different form. That way I can keep the forms separate and they will sync to my ipad as well.

Is this something I could possibly use link to forms with, have a master form and the a new linked form for each status? If so I would need to see the video tutorial you’ve been talking about upcoming as when I’ve tried using that feature I haven’t had much luck.

Thanks, Dave

October 9, 2013 at 1:46 PM #6891

bluepythons
    Participant

Ok spoke to soon, found saved searches sync just doesn’t look the same from Mac to ipad. I’ll keep playing with this bit I think this will work

Thanks again
    Dave

October 10, 2013 at 12:45 AM #6903

Brendan
    Keymaster

Yes, the Saved Searches are available when you tap the magnifying glass button to the left of the Search field on the records list screen on the iOS version. They do sync as you have now discovered.

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.