More Efficient Data Entry to Fields on One Record

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms More Efficient Data Entry to Fields on One Record

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

DrJJWMac
    Participant

I find it cumbersome to have to enter the field data, then return to the full record view to select another field for data entry. What I would really like is a way to scroll (forward or backward) through fields on a given record and enter/edit them without having keep returning to the main record view and selecting the next record (to go to the edit screen for that field).

Thanks!

JJW

April 12, 2012 at 6:26 PM #5164

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi JJW,

I understand what you’re asking for. On the record edit view you can swipe left or right to go to the next record without having to go back out to the list view. But for editing the records, yes, you have to go in and out for each field. I can understand how that might be tedious at times. It might be a bit odd though if you were to tap the Save button and then instead of going back to the fields view, to be taken to the next field value entry screen. Other than that, it would maybe need another button on the screen somewhere to take you to the next field. Or you might want to go to the previous field. More buttons = more clutter and less friendly though.

Thanks,

Brendan

April 14, 2012 at 1:24 PM #5166

DrJJWMac
    Participant

I suggest that, while editing a field on any given record …

* up / down swipes move to the next / previous field on the same record

* left / right swipes move to the next / previous record keeping the same field

Any changes made to the field would automatically be stored before executing the swipe action. This could be made to wrap-around or not via a user preference.

JJW

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.