Missing field

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

Glen Forister
    Participant

I added a field (Check Mark), the 18th field, to a Form on the Mac, but when I look at the Form on my iPhone it doesn’t show up in the display or in the View Settings, or Customize Form settings. I’ve had this before and time doesn’t solve the problem. I Backed up the Mac files and restarted TF, but no change.

Another odd thing. I have a record on the Mac that showed up having a duplicate. I deleted the duplicate record, but on the iPhone, the duplicate continues to exist. I guess I need to delete all of those files and recreate a single one and hope it behaves?

May 21, 2023 at 9:26 PM #49455

Daniel Leu
    Participant

Sounds like a synching issue. How to you synchronize your two devices?

May 22, 2023 at 10:21 AM #49457

Glen Forister
    Participant

Other files are syncing now, but at least this one isn’t.

I’m syncing via “Nearby”;
    Device = iPhone
    User = Mobile User
    Available is red if my iPhone is off, and turns green when my iPhone is awake.

The “Document ID” is the same on the Mac and on the iPhone.

May 24, 2023 at 10:32 PM #49470

Brendan
    Keymaster

Try modifying the field in some way on the device where it still exists. Rename it or change the field title colour. That’ll trigger Tap Forms to sync that field again. It should appear on your other devices then.

May 25, 2023 at 12:56 PM #49479

Glen Forister
    Participant

Modificaations of the files still don’t make them sysc. If I archive them, delete them, then add them back again will that help? Problem would be that I would lose the data that hasn’t been synced from the iPhone.
    What now?

May 26, 2023 at 7:05 PM #49485

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Glen,

Not modifying the files. Modify the Fields in the form and see what happens. That should trigger that field to be synced to your other devices.

May 26, 2023 at 9:20 PM #49486

Glen Forister
    Participant

I’ve changed the icons. I’ve changed some field names.

How do you get it to sync? I’m working right next to the Mac.

Why would other files sync and at least 2 won’t?
    What if I change how they are synced?

The longer it takes to get them to sync, more information in on each the Mac and the phone files that need to sync together on both files. I add data from both places.

May 29, 2023 at 1:13 PM #49492

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Glen,

Maybe what you can do is export a Tap Forms Archive of your forms from one device and import them into the other. Tap Forms will update the records on the device you import into and also add new records that were not there. Kind of a manual one-time sync.

Do you have the Firewall enabled on your Mac? It’s possible it’s blocking connections to the Mac.

See screenshot. You want it to allow incoming connections for Tap Forms.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    May 29, 2023 at 2:26 PM #49500

Glen Forister
    Participant

Some Forms are actively syncing automatically, and others will not sync.
    My Firewall on my Mac is not turned on.

I think this may have started with a program demanding icloud connection. I think it got turned on and then I turned it off. Maybe it was my iPhone ran out of room and I was asked to turn iCloud on. After I deleted many programs so I had 10 gb room I turned iCloud off.
    On my Mat iCloud is now on for Drive & Photos, not mail. On my iPhone it is off.

I see iCloud for Tap Forms on my iPhone is on – now I turned it off.
    Tap Forms has all options on (Calendar, Reminders, Local Network, Camera, Cellular Data, etc)

Still, many apps are not syncing, others are.
    How do I reset everything so I can get syncing for all Forms without doing an archive and syncing that way. I’ll go back to HanDBase if that is the case (even thou the program is dead).
    PS. Mac OSX Venntura 13.3.1, iPhone 6S iOS 15.7.5.

May 29, 2023 at 4:42 PM #49502

Glen Forister
    Participant

I think I solved the sync problem.
    – on iPhone, while in the list of Forms,
    – select Tools
    – Select Sync Settings
    – Compared the document ID – correct, I’ve checked this before.
    The following I hadn’t done
    – Syncing with these devices
    It was empty and I hit the “+” button and selected my Mac.
    That solved it for all Forms again…

… I hope. The couple I checked are syncing again.

May 30, 2023 at 11:44 AM #49505

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Glen,

Ah excellent. I’m glad that you got it syncing again. Yes, you need to have your Mac listed on your iPhone and your iPhone listed on your Mac on the Nearby Sync settings screens to have a two-way sync.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.