Microsoft Access Import

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

PatG
    Participant

Hello
    Can you instruct me in the exact method on how I could import a small Access database into Tapforms? It is not a flatfile DB. It has several related child tables with one-to-many relationship to a couple of fields in the parent table. Thanks.

January 18, 2017 at 2:41 PM #20808

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Pat,

Tap Forms can’t import an MS Access database unless that database is first exported as a CSV file.

Although Tap Forms is a relational database, it won’t re-link up the data from different tables using values from any fields. So even though you could import each table separately as a CSV file into separate forms, you would have to re-link up the records between your forms manually. At least for now until I can start working on a function to let Tap Forms automatically link records based on the values in fields from the linked forms. But I haven’t started on that yet.

January 29, 2017 at 1:40 PM #20931

scneophyte
    Participant

+1 for automatically linking records. I import records from CSV exports from PayPal and would like to link them to a parent form (projects) but for now have to do this hundreds of times manually

January 29, 2017 at 1:42 PM #20932

Brendan
    Keymaster

Ya. I understand. I need to enhance the Link to Form field function so you can specify an automatic link via a foreign key to another form.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.