Maximum devices to sync

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

iK.vin
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

Good day.

Haven’t used Tapform HD on my iPad for a while and really happy the iCloud sync works better now (probably because Apple finally improves on their end).

Question: how many maximum number of devices can sync across the same database? Probably subjected to how many devices can link in to a single iCloud right? Any recommendation from your end?

I notice there is a small time lag when new changes are pushed to other devices (because iCloud has to find the devices across the entire internet across the whole planet). That would be an important thing to consider when you have extremely a lot of devices trying to sync across at the same time right? (i.e: if 2 iPads are creating new records to the same database at the same time, syncing probably would result in some conflicts).

Thanks.
    Kevin.

October 3, 2013 at 12:16 PM #6849

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Kevin,

Well I know one customer said he had like 15 devices syncing, but I don’t know how manageable that was for him. Because when you make a change on one device, you need to tap on the sync button (or use the new pull-to-sync function) to upload your changes from that device to iCloud so that the other devices can get that data.

As far as conflicts is concerned, Tap Forms uses a “last one in wins” approach. So if you edit the same value in the same record on different devices, the one with the latest modification date will win.

I hope that answers your questions.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.