Mail Merge Functionality

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Chris Reina
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

Firstly – as a new user – many thanks for your obvious hard work and dedication to creating and maintaining this software.

My question is this: I’m trying to create an Invoice for customers.

I have used the “Call Log” Form and inserted this into my “Customers” Form.

I have also created an “Invoice” Form within my “Customers” Form.

I would like to keep track of all my calls here and bill directly from this.

My question is: can I pull the SUM of time from the “Call Log” and insert this into the “Invoice” Form and then apply a calculation based on a monetary amount? (e.g.: 1:30 hours x €50 =) so this appears on my invoice?

As a secondary question – is it possible on a Form to put a blank, fillable text field (e.g.: Description of Work) that is not pulled from elsewhere (or doesn’t appear on the Default Layout)?

Everyone apologises hoping they haven’t asked an already answered query (or just a dumb questions)… so, I also apologise!

Many thanks,
    Chris Reina

November 25, 2015 at 4:32 PM #15316

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Chris,

When you have a Link to Form field in a custom layout, you can tell it to display the Total calculation of any of your Number, Calculation, Rating, or Checkmark fields. But there’s no function to pull those values out and display them anywhere.

There’s no function for letting you type in any text that’s not stored in a field and is not the static Text block function on a custom layout. A Note field is what you would want for that purpose, but it will always be displayed on the Default Layout. The static Text block function (the A button above the layout inspector pallet) lets you put the same text on every record. Great for adding an address or company name or “INVOICE” to a custom layout.

Sorry if my answers aren’t what you want to hear.

Thanks!

Brendan

November 26, 2015 at 2:29 AM #15327

Chris Reina
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

No problem – many thanks for the prompt reply. At least now I know I’m not an idiot (about this anyway). I appreciate the response. Perhaps in a future update… (wink, wink, nudge, nudge.)

I understand your answers completely. I will do a bit of research on the Forums to see if I can generate an Invoice – albeit not automatically derived from a SUM calculation.

Again – thanks for your help.

Cheers,
    Chris

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.