macOS 10.15 Catalina

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author

Michael Dandeo
    Participant

Im running Tap Forms 5.3.7
    Anything to be worried about if I update to macOS 10.15 Catalina?

If anyone has updated and had time to poke around within Tap Forms can you give any feedback please.

October 7, 2019 at 7:24 PM #36994

Sam Moffatt
    Participant

I’m not touching Catalina for at least a month or more until all of the bugs shake out and the developers who have been dragged their feet on 64-bit for the last half a decade finally update.

October 7, 2019 at 7:55 PM #36997

Brendan
    Keymaster

@Sam, I hear ya. My AccountEdge Pro software no longer works because it’s 32 bit. Ugh. They’ve had notice like forever that 64 bit was required for Catalina. And they still haven’t updated.

Even the old version of Tap Forms 3.5 is 32 bit.

I’m running Catalina now and I haven’t noticed any issues with it so far.

October 8, 2019 at 9:34 PM #37022

Maurice Gilissen
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

Can you please verify Tapforms is working 100% at Catalina!
    Please add a comment on your Home page that it is compatible.
    Tapforms is one of my most used program and have important data stored into. So a none working Tapforms when switching to Catalina is absolute NoGo for me.

October 8, 2019 at 11:25 PM #37025

Brendan
    Keymaster

I’ve only had Catalina installed for a few days so far. And so far everything in Tap Forms I’ve tested has been just fine. That’s not to say there might be some edge cases where something breaks though. I just haven’t seen it yet.

October 9, 2019 at 1:15 PM #37031

Juan Latorre
    Participant

Hi Brendan,
    Im running Tap Forms 5.3.7, and I have updated to Catalina and when I insert content in a location type field the application closes unexpectedly.
    Can you verify this behavior?
    Thank you,

October 9, 2019 at 9:26 PM #37035

Brendan
    Keymaster

Yup. That’s an issue that I just fixed today. Switching away from the map view can also cause it to crash. And saving a map location can cause it to crash. Was caused by nearly the exact same bit of code.

Also I just found that if you have emojis in a field that is used for one of the sort or group fields, that can also crash. And I’ve also fixed that one too.

I’ll be publishing a new update soon with the fixes.

October 10, 2019 at 7:51 PM #37046

Mackay Steffensen
    Participant

Do you have an approximate date for the update?

October 10, 2019 at 9:13 PM #37049

Brendan
    Keymaster

Well I’ve had one other customer mention an error they’re getting after upgrading to Catalina. It has something to do with rendering windows, so I’d like to get more information about that before I release an update. Plus for some reason the calculation row in Link to Form and Table fields keeps hiding when you switch to a new record. But only on the Default Layout. Works properly on custom layouts and the main Multi-Column List View. Really not sure why at the moment as it’s the same code used in all 3 locations. But it’s something I’m currently trying to fix before I release another update. If I can’t fix it by Saturday I’ll release the update to Apple for review on the weekend and I’ll fix that in a subsequent update. It’s annoying, but minor.

October 16, 2019 at 9:41 AM #37156

Juan Latorre
    Participant

Hi Brendan,
    Is the new version available in the Apple Store? If not, when will it be available?
    Thank you.

October 16, 2019 at 12:33 PM #37165

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Juan,

I’ve just fixed the above issues I’ve been having and I’ll be submitting a new build to Apple for review shortly. If you need access to the beta version early, please let me know and I can invite you.

Thanks,

Brendan

October 16, 2019 at 12:42 PM #37167

Jake Xon
    Participant

Hi

I noticed that some of the problem I had with TF, like app crashing when changing sort order in multiwiev and when trying to print selected entries dispersed after updating Catalina to the latest additional update.

October 16, 2019 at 1:18 PM #37169

Juan Latorre
    Participant

Hi Brendan
    I was very grateful if you could send me the invitation to install the beta, because the problem detected is causing me a lot of disorder.
    Thanks.

October 16, 2019 at 6:17 PM #37173

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Juan,

Ok, I’ve invited you to the beta folder in my Dropbox account.

Let me know if it solves your issues.

Thanks,

Brendan

October 21, 2019 at 7:55 AM #37275

Ben McCune
    Participant

Have been using TapForms for about a week since I upgraded to Catalina and haven’t notice any problems – Probably minor question re photos – seems Mac is using HEIC format and can’t import the format to TF – What is best solution?

October 23, 2019 at 2:55 PM #37322

Colleen Easley
    Participant

I hope we’ll get the update soon. I’ve been trying to add locations to my records and it crashes for every entry. I’m going to wait for the update before I try to add any more locations. But as far as I can recall, this is the only function that is consistently causing a crash.

October 25, 2019 at 12:23 AM #37350

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Colleen,

The update has been out for a couple of days now.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 16 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.