Location field, two questions

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Peter Vrijlandt
    Participant

1. I have a bird database with a location field to get the coordinates on my iPhone in a field situation. That works fine, but changing the location of the pin to do a small correction makes the pin jump away. Back home on the Mac desktop the location on the map can be corrected easily. Why is this not possible on the iPhone?
    2. On the Mac desktop (Mojave) the location is not visible on the map in satellite mode. When switched to map mode and back to satellite, it becomes visible. Do I miss something or is this a bug?

January 9, 2021 at 11:35 AM #43135

Sam Moffatt
    Participant

I noticed something like the first one on my iPhone the other day, I just had a quick play and when I dragged the pin around it jumped back to where it was originally. I just dismissed it then as maybe a phantom tap of mine but I just reproduced it again.

It feels like the popover for the address label might be messing with it because if I was dragging the pin towards the edge of the screen and that seemed to make it jump more consistently but if I dragged it a little closer, caused the popover to redraw, it was a little more stable as I kept moving it towards the right. Might be a behaviour change in recent iOS releases, I’m on iOS 14.3 for that device. I don’t recall seeing this last time I used it maybe a couple of months back.

January 9, 2021 at 7:57 PM #43141

Brendan
    Keymaster

Oh ya, I see what you mean. Definitely something odd with the drag and drop on iOS 14.x I’d say.

I’ll look into it.

January 9, 2021 at 8:20 PM #43145

Brendan
    Keymaster

So it seems that a map annotation view (pin) can handle drag and drop all on its own now. I had code in there from probably 10 years ago that handled the drag and drop for me. But it’s no longer necessary, so I deleted it and now it drags and drops properly without stuttering. Next update.

January 10, 2021 at 1:42 AM #43150

Peter Vrijlandt
    Participant

@Brendan, thanks for the answer. Looking forward to the update!

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.