Location field content

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Ron
    Participant

I have a location field on the default layout which stores the address of the record. With desktop v5.0.9 the field shows address, city, state, zip, country. On iOS v5.0.4 the field contains the same info plus the longitude and latitude. Is this the expected behavior?

Ron

October 29, 2016 at 11:10 AM #20216

Brendan
    Keymaster

You can see the Longitude & Latitude values when you click on the Location icon. It will be displayed at the bottom-right of the sheet that appears on the Mac version.

October 29, 2016 at 11:15 AM #20217

Ron
    Participant

I see that, I was just wondering if the difference between the two versions was correct.

October 29, 2016 at 11:20 AM #20219

Brendan
    Keymaster

Well, it was just because the iPhone version’s field is not editable right there on the screen until you tap on the field, then tap on the annotation to edit the name. But on the Mac version you can edit the name of the location directly on the record details view. The location coordinates themselves are stored as a separate field in the database.

March 12, 2017 at 4:12 PM #21418

Barry Rabin
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

A follow up question to this thread…if the location coordinates are stored as a separate field in the database, can we be given the option for setting up this field type to either show the location as an address or as coordinates? I’m setting up a sailing log and this would be the preferred way to display location in the record view, rather than having to click the icon to bring up the window that shows the coordinates. Is this possible?

Thanks,
    Barry

March 12, 2017 at 5:31 PM #21421

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Barry,

Thanks for the feature request for optionally displaying the coordinates without displaying the address.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.