Loan or Borrowed setup like DL or DVDpedia

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Loan or Borrowed setup like DL or DVDpedia

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Charlie
    Participant

Is there a way to make a setup for loaned things. Like in DL or DVDpedia. To drag and drop to persons who loaned stuff and then mark when they returned the item

Best
    Charlie

March 6, 2023 at 1:04 AM #49091

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Charlie,

You can create any kind of form in Tap Forms.

But instead of dragging and dropping people who you loaned stuff to, you would just click a checkmark button and select them from a list. You would add a Link to Form field to your form for this kind of feature.

Thanks,

Brendan

March 21, 2023 at 9:52 AM #49176

Charlie
    Participant

HiBrendan

If I have, for an example 20 Cameras with a specific Camera id.
    I have made a rental form.
    Also a form for all the 20 cameras.
    How can I make a field in cameraform, I mark this and it shows up in the rental form as marked or rented on a specific person?

Best
    Charlie

March 21, 2023 at 7:14 PM #49181

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Charlie,

One way of doing this would be to have 3 forms.

Customer, Rental, and Cameras.

Customer is linked to Rental (one to many).

Rental is linked to Cameras (many to many).

You would create a Customer record, then within that customer, create a Rental record. On the Rental record you would choose the camera and associate it with that rental. You would probably have the Rented Date and a Returned Date on your Rental form too.

It needs to be Many to Many from Rental to Cameras because more than one person can rent the same camera I’m assuming. Just not at the same time obviously. And the same person can rent the same camera more than once too I assume.

So now whenever you look at a customer record, you can see all their rentals.

If you enable the Inverse Relationship option on each of your Link to Form fields, then you also click on any Rental record and see the customer that record belongs to and what cameras they rented.

The benefit of this is you could also extend the rentals to other things instead of only cameras. So instead of a Cameras form, you would have a Rental Items form (or Inventory or whatever you want to call it). And put all kinds of things in it such as cameras, light stands, flashes, tripods, and so on. Then on your Rental form you could select multiple Rental Items to add to that Rental.

You would have to create separate Rental records if the customer wanted to rent different things for different time spans, since the time span is on the Rental form.

Anyway, that hopefully gives you an idea how to set this up.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.