Linking to another form

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

Eduardo
    Participant

I’ve got two parent forms, each with a link to another form (many to many). But strangely they don’t behave the same. On one form the back link is shown as a table (this is how i expect it to be) and the other back link shows only some text.

Pic 1: The form which shows up like it should
    Pic 2: The settings for pic 1
    Pic 3: The form with wrong display of the back link
    Pic 4: The settings for pic 3

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    May 25, 2014 at 6:13 AM #10245

Eduardo
    Participant

Sorry the pictures are in the wrong order. Should be

Pic 1: The settings for pic 3
    Pic 2: The settings for pic 4
    Pic 3: The form with wrong display of the back link
    Pic 4: The form which shows up like it should

Don’t know how to rearrange the attachments.

May 28, 2014 at 1:20 AM #10258

Eduardo
    Participant

Does someone has an idea, how to solve my problem?

May 28, 2014 at 7:03 AM #10264

Leo
    Participant

How I see it, it is working fine. However, I don’t know the contents of both bardie forms.

sorry.

Leo

May 29, 2014 at 2:03 AM #10297

Eduardo
    Participant

Hi, no, it doesn’t work fine. If you look at the right side of the screenshot 01-Form-one.jpg you see, that the back link from the parent is a table. At the screen shot 02-Form-two.jpg you see at the right side, that the back link on this form is NOT a table. How is this possible?

May 29, 2014 at 4:36 AM #10298

Leo
    Participant

Ah,

now I see it. Didn’t scroll far enough to the right.

Was the one without the table first a one to many? And later set to many to many?

May 29, 2014 at 4:42 AM #10299

1Levite
    Participant

Eduardo:

I found similar behavior if I changed the Link Type for an existing field. In your case in 02-Form-two.jpg where the Link-From link is NOT a table, I would guess that you originally defined the link as a one-to-many (which resulted in the back link to be a single record). Some time later, you may have changed the link type from one-to-many to many-to-many. This alone will not change the child form display–it will remain a single record. That could be a reason why you do not see a table.

Brendan recently pointed out that the workaround is to uncheck / recheck the inverse relationship which forces the child form to be updated to reflect the Form Type. I don’t know how that affects any existing record links–you might give it a try after doing a backup.

Good Luck!

May 30, 2014 at 1:11 AM #10303

Eduardo
    Participant

@1Levite, thank you for your help. Unchecking back link and checking it back, did the magic.

Thanks again

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.