Linked Forms

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Nussyk1
    Participant

Brendan,
    First, congrats on creating such a great product. The possibilities seem endless as everyone describes the different ways they are using TapForms. I am a professional soccer scout and need to keep track of a large number of players, their current colleges, amateur teams (players can play on both) and the matches where I evaluate the players. I currently have a player database, college team database, amateur team database and match database.

Now, down to business. It seems that Linked Forms are the hot topic lately and I would like to add it with some questions/feature requests.

1. Can it be made possible to show titles of selected records in linked forms (iOS versions) – In the college team, amateur team database and match database, I would like to link a player in a record and be able to see the player’s name (without clicking the linked form).

2. Can it be made possible to search selected records in linked forms from the parent form (iOS versions) – In the team databases, I would like to be able to search a players name via linked form.

3. Two way linked form – Can it be made possible that a linked record makes note of it parent form? Example- When a player is selected in a team’s record, can the player’s record show the team as it parent linked form? Sorry for any confusion. Trying to ask is even confusing myself.

Anyway, thanks for the help and producing a great product that you clearly have/are/will spend a lot of energy and passion on!

October 17, 2013 at 11:18 AM #6959

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Nussyk1,

Thanks for the positive feedback! Much appreciated.

1. I think this would be a One to One relationship. So basically you select a single record to link to the parent form and it will show you essentially the same format that you would see on the records list screen. I need to build that still, but it’s something I’d like to do and would be useful for a lot of people.

2. This is a more tricky thing to do, but I’ll think about it.

3. I plan on adding inverse relationships to a future update (I know I’ve been saying that for a while).

Thanks!

Brendan

October 17, 2013 at 12:09 PM #6960

Nussyk1
    Participant

Great, thanks for getting back to me so quick.

On another note, what updates can we expect next? what are you working on and where do you see Tap Forms headed?

October 23, 2013 at 12:39 PM #7004

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Nussyk1,

I am working on a new layout engine which is almost done now. Tap Forms Mac 2.0 will be a free upgrade for existing users, but possibly with a slight price increase for new users. It was either that or an In-App purchase, but I don’t really like those and I don’t think users do either.

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.