Linked forms (many to many, one to many) suggestions

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Linked forms (many to many, one to many) suggestions

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Brendan, I recently modified a form by changing the “one to many” link into a “many to many” link, and TapForms dutifully deleted all of the previously entered “one to many” links for me. I would like for a dialogue box to pop up saying, “Howdy there, I noticed that this modification to this form will delete a fair amount of data you already typed in, so are you sure? (OK/Cancel)”. Feel free to paraphrase.

Also, I frequently think of a new item I would like to add while I’m looking at a “many to many” list, so could you add an option to “add new item” in with the list of options between “unlink all forms” and “customize this form”? If I had that option, that would save time over adding an item in the dependent form and returning to the “many to many” list and selecting the newly created item.

Thanks for considering.

June 21, 2011 at 4:32 PM #4633

lgol27
    Participant

Example: I have a Meeting form. The form links to Meeting Note and To Do Item forms. In the main form (Meeting form) there is another field Notes. So I am sitting at the meeting and making notes in the main form and I need to add a To-Do item. Need to go Forms screen, create a new To-Do item, then go back to the meeting form and link it. And all these while trying actively participate in the meeting. Very hard to do!

June 21, 2011 at 4:48 PM #4634

Brendan
    Keymaster

Being able to add a new record while selecting others in a many-to-many relationship will be available in the next update.

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.