Link to Form

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

lagunacreek
    Participant

I have imported two csv’s. (1) Musical group / albums (3200 records) (2) Albums / Songs (46,000 records).
    I cannot seem to create a link to form from the first to the second.
    From what I saw this is not possible unless you are creating a new record. Link to form won’t associate current (already existing) records.
    Can I get this to work or not?
    thanks

October 9, 2012 at 1:47 AM #5442

Brendan
    Keymaster

If you use a many-to-many link type then you can associate already existing records to your parent record. But this would be prohibitively time consuming with the current version.

I have just today added the ability to import a file that has links built-in to it. So with that you would be able to create a CSV file of all your songs which had a few extra columns in it that told Tap Forms how to link up the data during import.

However, I have not yet submitted this version to Apple yet.

Thanks,

Brendan

October 9, 2012 at 7:00 AM #5445

lagunacreek
    Participant

A couple of notes: as these were large forms they caused tapforms to load very slowly. Usually it required two to three attempts to open tapforms. Plus the larger csv took three hours to import. I would need to find a way to address theses issues. However this was just an experiment.
    I like how Tapforms is set up, but for day to day I am using another DB that allows me to sync all my DBs with my desktop either through their PC based app or a direct sync to access.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.