Link Forms

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

willcook
    Participant

I am trying to do “many-to-one” linking, as in a tree database where each tree specimen points to a species, and there are of course more specimens than species. I know I can just have a field in the tree record to insert the species name, but I really want to display the complete species record when I click on that field, not just see the name.

I implemented this approach using “many-to-many” linking, and it works just fine, with one serious drawback: If I make just one error in creating a link, I am unable to remove that link – I must remove ALL links in the table. So obviously I am not going to take that risk.

Overall, a very valuable app. Keep up the good work!

February 4, 2012 at 9:10 PM #5068

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Will,

On the linked record list view, you can swipe across any record to reveal the “Unlink” button. It’s similar to deleting a record, except it will just unlink it instead of deleting it. Also adding a proper to-one relationship is on my to-do list.

Thanks!

Brendan

February 4, 2012 at 10:26 PM #5069

willcook
    Participant

Brendan –

Great! Thanks so much.

Will

February 10, 2012 at 4:30 PM #5097

lgol27
    Participant

I have another problem with many-to-many link. I have a form with 207 records. One of the fields is a many-to-many link to itself(the same form). It was working fine, before I reached 200 records mark. Or maybe it’s not related. Anyway, I am trying to link a new record to existing one. I open Select Records window. The window freezes. I can see the records, but I can’t scroll. The loading wheel is shown. I can only close it. Other forms links (many-to-many, to the same form) work fine. Any thoughts?

February 10, 2012 at 8:55 PM #5099

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Igol27,

I haven’t heard of this problem before. If you could contact me directly through support then I can work with you directly to solve the problem.

Thanks,

Brendan

February 11, 2012 at 3:27 AM #5101

lgol27
    Participant

Forget it. Today’s update solved it. But I will monitor the situation, if I see something, I will let you know. Thank you for the reply.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.