Label printing – feature request

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Cliff Tarrance
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

It would be nice if, when printing labels, one was able to select a particular label on the sheet for the printing to begin. So, if I have partially used a sheet of labels previously, I could print additional labels starting at the position where the previous print job left off.

I hope I’m being clear. I’ve attached a screenshot of the Edit Label popover dialog. The idea is to be able to click on one of the numbered labels in the preview and have the corresponding label on the sheet be where the current job begins printing.

Thanks, as always!

Cliff

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    December 7, 2015 at 11:21 PM #15436

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Cliff,

So I think there’s two things here that would have to be handled to cover all bases. First, the next label position to start printing at. Second, which record to start printing at. I could see that you might want both. If you had a list of addresses and you just wanted to print the first 5 addresses, then later you wanted to print the next 5 addresses, you would need a way of being able to specify both things.

I would like to add this ability at some point for sure because I think it would be useful.

Thanks!

Brendan

December 8, 2015 at 4:04 AM #15437

Cliff Tarrance
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

Yes that could be useful…. but I can handle that second aspect using saved searches. Along with other criteria, I have a checkbox field to indicate when a record is selected for printing. After I print a batch, I just deselect that checkbox for each record, which is easy using the fill down technique in the multi-column view.

I did think of another related issue. When I am printing a single label repeatedly, it would be nice to be able to specify how many of that label I need printed, rather than how many pages of labels.

Thanks,
    Cliff

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.