Job sheet help for noob

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

dom Pugh
    Participant

Hi,

I’m currently working on Jobsheets to deploy to employees and am struggling due to my ineptitude!
    Jobs can last half an hour or weeks, so I may need several jobsheets per job, ie one per visit/ day or just one.
    Ideally I’d like a master form, and attached would be jobsheets for individual visits- number would vary. The master form could also contain total time for job, along with photos, again numbers would vary, materials used etc. Is this possible?
    I’d like also for these to link to another form which has individual employee time tracking for wages purposes- populated from the jobsheets. This would also mean being able to export on a weekly basis, and not duplicate the previous week’s time. Am I asking too much?

The idea is to send this master back to the office Mac Tapforms and possibly a spreadsheet for analysis/ costing for invoice.

Thanks for any pointers. Sorry if it’s a little long winded/ confusing.

Kind Regards. Dom

November 9, 2015 at 11:12 AM #15153

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Dom,

I would start by creating your Employee form. Add all the appropriate fields to that such as First Name, Last Name, Email Address, Phone Number, Address, Job Title, etc.

Then create a separate Time Sheet form that contains all the information that you need to keep track of one visit.

Now, on the Employee form, add a Link to Form field. Select one-to-many as the Link Type and choose the Time Sheet form as the form you want to link to. Enable the “Show Inverse Relationship” option. That will enable you to see which Employee an individual Time Sheet entry belonged to.

You need a one-to-many Link Type for this because I’m assuming that no two employees would share the same Time Sheet entry.

When you export your Employee records, you’ll get 2 files, one containing Employee records, the other containing all the records for all the Time Sheets.

You could of course just export the Time Sheet entries themselves if you want. With the inverse relationship, you should get the Employee’s name information (as long as their name was one of the first fields in the Employee form) along with each Time Sheet record.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.