Issue with layout name

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Jon Blackman
    Participant

I think you have a couple of issues with the New Layout name.

To reproduce:
    Issue 1:
    – Create a new layout in My Movie Library
    – Click Edit Layout (it should have been selected by default, but that is not the issue…)
    – Change the Layout Name to “test” and add a couple of fields
    – Click Edit Layout again to close
    – The label for the layout still says “New Layout”
    – Click another database, such as Important Dates
    – Click My Movie Library – the tab now displays “test”

Issue 2:
    – Click Edit Categories, then click anywhere to close. The tab now displays “New Layout”

December 23, 2013 at 5:06 PM #8445

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Jon,

After you changed the Layout Name value, did you press return to accept the change? I agree, I should automatically show the layout inspector panel when you add a new layout. I’ll make that change.

Thanks,

Brendan

December 23, 2013 at 5:17 PM #8446

Brendan
    Keymaster

Ok, I’ve changed the code to automatically show the layout inspector if it’s not already visible when you add a new layout.

Also, I’ve changed it so the tab widths will auto-resize to be the same width as the layout name itself (with some padding on each side). Well, up to a maximum value at least before it truncates the tail end of the layout name.

December 23, 2013 at 5:26 PM #8447

Jon Blackman
    Participant

That works, thanks. I am used to working with Access, where the data is accepted when you move to a different field, and it did not occur to me to press Enter. If that is a limitation of the Mac OS, you might want to add this in the documentation. If not, you might want to capture this in an event so it is handled automatically. Great program, BTW. Really enjoying the layout and logic and looking forward to the iOS versions, which I will add soon.

December 23, 2013 at 7:11 PM #8448

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Jon,

I have the option of having it save the value when focus leaves the field, but I had troubles with that option. I can’t remember what it was at the moment. But I’ll re-enable it to see if it works without having to press the Return key.

Thanks!

Brendan

December 23, 2013 at 7:14 PM #8449

Brendan
    Keymaster

Ok, well that seems to work ok, so I’ll leave it like that for the next update. When you exit the field it will save the value even without having to hit enter.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.