issue saving note formatting

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Jon Blackman
    Participant

Another issue – and Merry Christmas Eve, BTW

I am getting a lot of erratic behavior saving rich text in the note field.

To reproduce one issue:
    – Open My Movie Library, Default Layout, Terminator 2
    – Click the Edit Note icon for Summary
    – Highlight the last word “begun” and change the text color to blue.
    – Click the red close button
    – Click Save
    – Click the Edit Note icon again. The text is not blue.

There are lots of variations on this issue. Sometimes I can change the color and cannot change it back. Sometimes it shows on another form, and sometimes not (like it does not refresh). Sometimes I see changes if I change to another database and then back again.

Am I missing something?

December 24, 2013 at 1:20 PM #8468

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Jon,

Ok I can reproduce that problem. I think what’s happening is that it’s not detecting the colour change as a proper change so it’s not updating the value in the database. Despite it asking you to save. If you change a colour and do something else also such as make something bold or add another character to your text then it behaves correctly as expected. It seems that just changing the colour and saving doesn’t save the colour.

December 24, 2013 at 1:33 PM #8469

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Jon,

Ok, I’ve fixed this for the next update. It turns out there’s a setting on the NSTextView control that I’m using which is called “Continuously Updates Value” which I did not have turned on. I’ve turned it on and now it properly registers all changes immediately without having to make any additional changes to get it to save your colour updates.

Thanks,

Brendan

December 24, 2013 at 1:59 PM #8471

Jon Blackman
    Participant

Thanks for the quick response and the easy workaround. Just adding a space at the end of a line is sufficient to trigger the save. This is an awesome product, and I like the direction it is heading.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.