Is Taps Forms 5 suitable for older Mac?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Sarah Jones
    Participant

HI, I have an old MacBookPro – Sierra V 10.12.6. Is Taps Forms 5 suitable for my laptop?
    I used MS Outlook a lot in the past. I want to create a DB for library references – to list all the books a reference is used or to list all references in a particular book or to list all references by an author and then which books they are used in. That sort of thing. Can Taps do this, and print a nice report of the results?

May 17, 2021 at 9:43 PM #44428

Chris Medeiros
    Participant

Hi Sarah,

Mac OS Sierra is the minimum OS requirement for TapForms according to the TapForms FAQ. I’m using the latest version of TapForms on my 11 year old iMac with High Sierra 10.13.6 and it performs well. (Saving my pennies for an M1 Mac.)

I use Tap Forms to keep track of my soapmaking. I can pull up one particular cleansing bar record in Tap Forms and that record will show me which batches that cleansing bar was made in and also list the customers who have purchased that particular bar. If I want to, I can then click on a listed batch or customer to drill down for more information. it’s great! I’m sure TapForms will work as well in your case with references.

As far as the Reports, I’ll have to let someone else help you there. I have created forms to print receipts and packing lists, but not multiple pages of tabular reports with Tap Forms, yet.

May 19, 2021 at 8:30 PM #44447

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Sarah,

Yes, Tap Forms 5.3 does work on macOS 10.12.6. If it was 10.11 (El Capitan), then I have a version of it that does work, but you should be able to just use the current release.

And yes, you can print a report of the results in a variety of ways in the Mac version. You can print a list of records with multiple records per page in a tabular format, or a details view with one record per page, or even build your own custom layouts including a labels format if you like.

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.