iPads not recognizing one another…

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Jim Owczarski
    Participant

Morning (at least hereabouts),

I have two iPads, both running 8.1, both with the latest version of Tap Forms. I cannot get them to “see” one another for love or money. I have followed all the instructions indicated, but, even in direct proximity one to another, they do not come up as available on each other’s sync screen.

Any known issues I should be checking into?

Thanks,

Jim

October 24, 2014 at 1:29 PM #11330

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Jim,

One other thing you can try which I hadn’t mentioned I think in the Synchronization Failed thread is to delete the Tap Forms entry from the iCloud Manage Storage area.

I would recommend disabling iCloud Sync on each of your devices first before you do that. So go into Tap Forms and tap on the Enable iCloud Sync button to turn it off. Then choose the “Keep a Local Copy” option.

Then go to the Manage Storage area and delete the entry for Tap Forms. It will show up as Tap Forms Lite in that list. I’ve contacted Apple about trying to change this, but they are still investigating the issue for me.

Then go back into Tap Forms and re-enable iCloud Sync on each device. Give it some time to finish doing what it’s doing and then some more time for the sync operation to finish behind the scenes. You should see all of your devices listed on each device.

Thanks,

Brendan

November 4, 2014 at 2:07 PM #11610

Jim Owczarski
    Participant

Thanks very much for this.

Could you point me to the OTHER sync post you’re referring to?

Jim

November 4, 2014 at 11:00 PM #11613

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Jim,

The Synchronization Failed post?

‘Synchronization Failed’ error message? Read this.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.