iPad view request

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

demotlj
    Participant

I would love to see the spreadsheet view available in the iPad version. I use Tapforms on my iPad more than I use it on my laptop and it is very user friendly, but would be even better with the spreadsheet view.

April 4, 2014 at 11:33 AM #9644

Brendan
    Keymaster

Thanks for the feature request. It’s definitely on my radar, but haven’t had time to work on that.

Thanks,

Brendan

April 30, 2014 at 7:48 AM #9842

Robyn Miller
    Participant

It would also be great to have a thumbnail-only view for the iOS apps. I use the database mainly to keep track of my sewing patterns and fabric stash, so that I have access to it while shopping. It would be very helpful to have the option of browsing by image. It is helpful to have the thumbnails in the list view now, but it would be better if the text wasn’t taking up space so that a larger image could be displayed. On the iPad it could be a grid view to make life even easier.

Use case: while shopping I see a fabric I love and want to use it in a quilt. Using the thumbnail view I can visually browse my backlog of patterns for the perfect one (and then select the record to know the fabric requirements without going back home for the pattern!).

And if you want to get fancy about it… perhaps the thumbnail only view could be triggered on the iPhone by orientation. Portrait could be the usual list view, landscape could switch to a side scrolling thumbnail only view.

April 30, 2014 at 5:50 PM #9857

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Robyn,

Thanks for the feature request. You do have control over the size of the thumbnail on the records list view. So maybe making it larger for you would be better? But I agree it would be great to have a thumbnail only view. It would probably have to limit itself still to using the first field in the form if it’s a Photo field type. Otherwise what if you had multiple Photo fields, which one would it use to display the thumbnail for?

Thanks!

Brendan

April 30, 2014 at 7:25 PM #9872

Robyn Miller
    Participant

Thanks for responding so quickly, and thanks for working to get 3.8.1 out so fast as well.

If there were multiple photo fields, I think it would make sense to only use the first field in thumbnail view.

I do have the thumbnails at their largest setting currently, and it works… it would just be nicer to have a thumbnail only view, especially on the iPad if it could be displayed as a grid rather than a list.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.