iPad version bug report

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

LeoC2
    Participant

Brendan, I found what I think is a bug or simply a missing feature in the iPad version.

On the iPod version of TF if you have a pick list assigned to a field and accidentally (which is easy to do as you know) engage the keyboard a small icon appears on the keyboard header allowing you to go to the pick list. This icon DOES NOT appear on the iPod version of TF.

Of course I still would like to see a way to lock fields to pick lists!

January 12, 2016 at 2:58 AM #15658

Brendan
    Keymaster

That’s not a bug. I just didn’t put it there on the iPad keyboard. Do you feel that’s necessary?

January 12, 2016 at 8:04 AM #15662

LeoC2
    Participant

Absolutely Brendan. As I’ve explained in the past I (and I’m sure others also) have some fields that require very specific info so Pick Lists are the best way to insure the info is entered correctly. It’s far to easy to acidentally pull up the keyboard at times by taping just off a slight bit so the user needs to be able to access the Pick List from there.

As I’ve said before however, it would be very advantageous to be able to lock fields to a Pick List when desired.

Leo

January 12, 2016 at 3:10 PM #15669

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Leo,

I understand about locking the Pick List to the field, which it does do for multi-select Pick Lists, just not for single-select Pick Lists. But even if you did tap on the field accidentally which brought up the keyboard, you can still just tap on the Pick List button itself again and it will automatically dismiss the keyboard and display the Pick List popup. The iPhone version has it because you enter the value into a completely different screen where the Pick List button is no longer visible.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.