iOS open Entry form directly

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Prashant M
    Participant

Is there a way to create a shortcut on home screen to directly open data entry page for a given form ?

Say I’ve a daily journal form, and instead of opening tap forms , selecting form , selecting new record , I’ve a shortcut Setup on Home Screen/shortcuts allowing me to do so in 1 tap.

November 28, 2021 at 10:56 PM #45835

Sam Moffatt
    Participant

I’ve got a video on using Shortcuts to create a record from a scanned barcode which could be adapted to do something similar with an additional Utils.openUrl(newRecord.getUrl()) to open up the record after it’s been created (and obviously without the barcode scanning portion). If you set this as a shortcut on your home screen somewhere using the Shortcuts widget then you can launch into it and land more or less directly in the form. One caveat is that some times from cold load Tap Forms might load the wrong document or as it loads the right document sometimes doesn’t seem to execute the script. For my own use case I usually just swipe back and re-run the shortcut to get it all to work.

November 29, 2021 at 8:12 PM #45854

Brendan
    Keymaster

I’ve found that Shortcuts is cacheing the URL to the new record though. But I’m no expert on Shortcuts, so it’s probably something I’m doing wrong. Does your scanner have that issue?

November 29, 2021 at 10:59 PM #45858

Sam Moffatt
    Participant

I haven’t seen any issues with what looks like happening, I did a scan of four items the other day into my purchases document without any issues where each record was updated. It’s the same template/script I mailed you (at some point I’ll fix the double encoding for the spaces too). I can shoot you a copy of the template if that helps.

That said in thinking about this a bit, I think you cache the parameters object within the JS interpreter and there was a discussion at some point about removing it but it was pointed out that this makes it easy to re-run and debug scripts without needing the full round trip.

July 25, 2023 at 5:12 AM #49725

Rick Fuge
    Participant

Did you get an answer to this question?

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.