iOS: Different presentation styles for linked forms

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms iOS: Different presentation styles for linked forms

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

cf
    Participant

On iOS TapForms will display one-to-many and many-to-many linked fields as a tableview row that expands to its own tableview of linked items. However, if you use a join relationship (or a table field) instead it will display the linked records inline in the parent form.

Is there a way to toggle which presentation style to use? This way one could have inline style with the many-to-many option or the full screen style for joined option. If not could such option be added?

I find myself using join vs many-to-many based on how I want my data to be displayed on iOS rather than what is the best way to model the data.

April 16, 2021 at 12:56 PM #44184

Brendan
    Keymaster

I think for Join because you don’t directly need to be able to select records to associate because it’s automatic, I chose the same layout as I used for the Table field. There’s no option to switch it right now but I’ll think about it for the future.

April 18, 2021 at 8:02 PM #44202

Fern
    Participant

+1 for the ability to choose which presentation style to use! I’d love to use the table field layout for not-joined relationships.

April 18, 2021 at 9:52 PM #44204

Sam Moffatt
    Participant

Table should be used for the parent side of the 1:M and both sides of the M:M and JOIN relationship type. The only one that doesn’t have that is the child side of the 1:M where the list view style layout is used because you’re only supposed to have a single parent record.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.