iOS App (iPad) Crashes on Export

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Josh Abshire
    Participant

I have created a form to store my Funko Pop collection.  When I open up my form and go to the Menu > Export Records and then click “Save”, Tap Forms immediately crashes with no error message or anything.  I was playing with the export settings and turned off “Export Linked Records” and it works like a charm with that off.  Flipping it back on causes the app to immediately crash again when exporting to a CSV file.

In this form, I have a link to form field called “Rest in this collection”.  I use this field to link entries from the same form to other entries in the same form.  For example, numbers 100, 101, 102, and 103 are in the same collection, so I will link them all together via this form.

This is an acceptable workaround, but when I run an export the CSV doesn’t include the information on which entries are linked to other entries, so I effectively lose this when I export.  Is there a way to retain this information in the CSV?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    November 13, 2023 at 11:03 AM #50127

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Josh,

I suspect there’s an infinite loop when exporting via a self referential relationship. So if record 1 links to record 2 and record 2 links back to record 1, and so on, this can cause Tap Forms to get into an infinite loop as it traverses the relationship and then keeps traversing the relationships because of the self references.

Hope that makes sense.

Unfortunately I don’t have a solution to this issue at the moment.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.