Inconsistency in Decimal Field Handling

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

logalong
    Participant

The way Tap Forms handles decimal fields is inconsistent (I think).

If I set-up a field with No Style and Decimal places = 1 then if I enter “53.0” after deleting “NaN” it shows in the Form as “53.0”.

If I set-up a field with Decimal Style and Decimal places = 1 then if I enter “53.0” it shows in the Form as “53”.

In both cases if I choose to show the field in the List View it shows as “53”.

What I want is to always see 53.0

Is this possible or is this a feature / bug?

TIA :)

October 12, 2014 at 8:35 PM #11086

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi TIA,

There is a bug with the NaN thing which I’ve corrected for the next update. The workaround is to use Decimal Number Format. The “No Style” option doesn’t use the decimal places setting.

When you have decimal formatting set, the OS will automatically drop the trailing 0, so that’s why you’re seeing that behaviour. With the “No Style”, the number is displayed as is, but of course currently has that NaN issue.

Thanks,

Brendan

October 13, 2014 at 10:57 AM #11092

logalong
    Participant

Thanks for the explanation on the field types :)

It doesn’t explain why the “No Style” field is being shown as “53” rather than “53.0” on the List View and also when you go to edit the field. I have entered it as 53.0 (after deleting NaN) and saved it. On the Form view it shows correctly as “53.0”. If I then edit the field, it is displayed in the edit as 53 not 53.0.

I really would like it to always show in the format I have selected and what I entered i.e. as one decimal place. The only solution at the moment is define a text field which seems a bit of a backward step ;)

Thanks in Advance :)

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.