Importing recordsinto Form

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Lateral
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

I emailed you a few weeks ago telling you that I have a Tapforms database that I have changed the name of one of the items in a Pick List but the change did not flow through to the actual form. You said that this was how you designed the software……

Anyway, I kept thinking about it and thought that all I needed to do was the following:

Note: The name of the Form is “Form 1” and the picklist item that I changed was “Black Basket” and I changed it to “Red Basket”.

1. Export all of the records from the Form called “Form 1” and copy it across to my Windows 10 PC where I opened the CSV file and simply did a global change from “Black Basket” to “Red Basket”

2. I then used the Tapforms Webserver function to copy the modified CSV file (containing the new “Red Basket” text) to the Imports folder of Tapforms…so far so good.

3. I then created a duplicate of the “Form 1” form and called it “Form 2” as I did not want to import the new CSV file into the original form just in case something went wrong.

4. I opened “Form 2”, selected the “Import Records” option, selected the CSV file from within the IMPORTS folder. It showed that there were 258 rows (which was correct). I then pressed “import” and it processed the 258 records……the problem is that they did not import into the “Form 2” form….

What am I doing wrong????

Regards
    Greg

October 23, 2015 at 7:25 PM #15067

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Lateral,

I deleted your blank post since it was empty.

If you had exported with Record IDs enabled, then Tap Forms would have updated the records in the original form since those IDs belong to the records in the original form. That’s what happened probably.

If you wanted them to go into a new form you would need to export without the Export Record IDs option enabled.

Thanks,

Brendan

October 23, 2015 at 9:35 PM #15070

Lateral
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

Thanks for the quick reply!

I did what you suggested and it all worked…thanks again for a great App.

Regards
    Greg

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.