importing files (Tap Forms for Mac)

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Stijn
    Participant

I’m using Tap forms For Mac. If i import a file into the program, where is the file stored? Will the file be copied into the database (or program directory) or will there be a link to the original file directory?
    What kind of filetypes can be imported?

If I make a backup in Tap Forms, are the files (imported into the program) also copied?

October 15, 2012 at 1:56 PM #5460

Brendan
    Keymaster

When you import a file using the Import Records command, Tap Forms simply reads the file and imports the data into its own database. The database file is stored in ~/Library/Containers/com.tapforms.mac/Data/Documents. Your CSV import file is not moved or changed at all. It stays where it was on your hard drive. Essentially Tap Forms is reading that file, parsing the data, and copying the values into the structured format of your form.

When you use the File Attachment field type, the file you attach is copied into the ~/Library/Containers/com.tapforms.mac/Data/Documents/Attachments folder if you’re not using iCloud. If you’re using iCloud, the file is copied into ~/Library/Mobile Documents/FXLPHZS84D~com~clickspace~tapforms/Documents/Attachments. That way, when iCloud gets a chance to sync that file, you’ll have it available to you on your iOS devices too.

When you make a backup, Tap Forms copies all file attachments, photos, audio recordings, drawings, etc. into the backup file. The backup file is just a zip file, so you can look into it to see what’s in there.

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.